The Student Support Unit is part of the Dean of Students’ Office. The Unit’s purpose is to provide advice, help and support for students with learning disabilities, attention disorders, access problems and other difficulties in the course of their studies.
The Unit offers an accepting, supportive and understanding environment for students with various difficulties, and is motivated by a belief that with the help of support, advice, guidance and professional assistance, students can improve their academic skills and become independent learners who are able to realize their full potential.
The Unit provides a range of services that students may need:
- Adaptations for exams and tests of their effectiveness
- Guidance on acquiring correct learning strategies and time management workshops.
- The Center for Assistive Technologies offers a range of software to help overcome learning disabilities – reading, writing essays, developing hearing, reading music etc., with guidance on how to use the software.
- Mentor program – students help other students individually in courses.
The Unit is located in the New Wing, floor 0, rooms 19-20.
Hours of operation: Sundays and Thursdays 8:00-16:00.
Contact: Dana Ratnisky Tendlich – head of the Unit; Lemida@jamd.ac.il, 02-6759974
Important information regarding exam accommodations:
- Students with medically diagnosed learning disabilities or difficulties/attention disorder or emotionally based learning difficulties who require exam accommodations must consult with the student support center for guidance. An appointment can be made at email@example.com and additional information can be found here.
- Students whose mother tongue is not Hebrew and/or who are not graduates of the public Israeli school system are entitled to 25% additional time in exams. In order to guarantee this accommodation please contact Course Coordinator Talia Klein at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information can be found here.